3/13/10

Become the Phoenix

These are the lyrics to the song I wrote this last week :) enjoy!

Find in life what's good for you
Know what feels right isn't always true
Kill yourself and resurrect the older you
Abandon what you know and take what you will
Revert into your ashes become a sick bird again
These old wings are tired, take another dive for your adrenaline

Go your own way where the shadows wait
Everybody learns differently
But try...
Not to...
Forget...
Me.

Tears shed in vain
But the vanities, they prove, that times sure aren't the same
I only wish that the good would die young
Though it would add to the weight of the world
We rest assured knowing you can't be crushed by it

Go your own way where the shadows wait
Everybody learns differently
But try...
Not to...
Forget...
Me.

Calm this anxious mind
Steady this racing heart of mine
It took a whole year to realize nobodies doin fine
Your immunities didn't serve you, the bug got right through your system
These fallow words, are they too lately spoken?

The glimmer in your eyes show you must not be dead
Reminiscent of that girl is still trapped inside your head
She cries,
"Free me..."
She cries,
"Save me...
Release me...
Can you not see me?"

I can see you clear as day
But my friend, this is your mirror's play...

1 comment:

Followers