1/15/11

In My State of Desperation (Myspace)

In my state of desperation
I lack self-control, my regrets grow in numbers I'm not comfortable with
In my state of desperation

Sounds I seek refuge in are cries for help of their own
In my state of desperation

The only succesful source of accountability is in the fact that I'll return here
In my state of desperation

Truth is ignored, the void thickens, and the slope continues to tilt
In my state of desperation

Blindness becomes more apparent through an open window
In my state of desperation

Efforts find equality with vanities, realization is sought after, but misguided
In my state of desperation

Gnats are strained, camels are swallowed
In my state of desperation

Communication proves to be an art, a curse, a precise and delicate tool, a necessity
In my state of desperation

Misunderstanding is a two way street, it feels as if plots against oneself lurk around every corner
In my state of desperation

Desire proves to be a constant, everchanging factor. A civil war, an internal struggle, a rose
In my state of desperation

I talk myself in circles, I live my life in circles, a polarizing infinity
In my state of desperation

Others are drawn near in hopes that we can break this cycle through our common bond
In my state of desperation

Realization of my transgressions drives me to run from everything  but I'll never escape myself
In my state of desperation

The answers all look me in the eye, in turn my shame and insecurties are revealed
In my state of desperation

My recurring questions never cease, "Which way is home? Are you coming with me? Can I make the distance? Should I run, or continue to crawl?"
In my state of desperation

All the colors run together, confusion has never been greater
In my state of desperation

I hope to gather the strength to stand tall and push forward, I know the method and the motions, action is the next step before things take care of themselves


This will be over soon enough, through a mirror of text, through the knot that we we're bound to, redemption will come, this state of desperation will prove to be something to mature from.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers